- YW#: 3856455
- Year: 2006
- Model: Surfhunter 33
- Boat Name: MAVERICK
- Current Price: $270,000
- Location: Portsmouth, RI
- Size: 33 ft
- Material: Fiberglass
- Engine/Fuel Type:
MAVERICK is a hard-to-come-by Surfhunter 33 Hardtop Express, built in 2006. The boat underwent a mechanical refit in early 2021 at Niemiec Marine in New Bedford, MA, the premier Cummins dealer in Southeastern New England. A modern Cummins 425hp electronic common rail engine with fly-by-wire throttle and shift with a full two-year warranty was installed. While the old engine was out, the engine room was painted; the damper plates in the transmission were replaced proactively; a new turbo and coupling and exhaust elbow were also installed at this time along with a new water heater, and the prop was sent out and reconditioned. Niemiec Marine conducted sea trials in the spring of 2021, confirming an easy 27 knot cruise with the new power!
MAVERICK is well equipped with a full suite of brand new electronics featuring twin 16” Garmin touch screen GPS plotters with HD radar and sounder with new transducer; Airmar antennae; ACR spotlight with remote at helm; AIS; VHF, stereo etc. A new mast was installed on the hardtop for the radar, antennae, and lighting which looks very sharp.
Additional key features include: bow and stern thrusters, air conditioning (upgraded for bridge deck, as well as interior), electric front-opening windshield panels and a really sweet electric sunroof in the hard top, a transom door, optional L-settee in the cockpit – and the list goes on! The Surfhunter 33 is a unique offering and this Dark Green beauty with gold cove stripe, single white boot stripe and Petit Vivid Green bottom has timeless appeal. The look is completed with a natural teak swim platform and cockpit coamings, a varnished teak toe rail and eyebrow on the cabin trunk and handrails on the hard top (all three just brought back to bare wood, and varnished bright).
The true deep-vee hull planes easily at 13 knots and runs efficiently from there on up to her fast cruise of 25-27 knots. She is set up as a great day boat with plenty of room for family and friend and has a lovely interior ideal for a couple or young family to overnight on and cruise over long weekends.
The dinette converts to a proper adult berth with 6’7” length. There is a very roomy en-suite head with shower; a nice galley and a proper double v-berth with filler. Her deep-vee hull is a proven design that handles rough water, even though most of us are trying to avoid it these days! She runs dry and true and is just a pleasure to helm.
ADDITIONAL SPECS, EQUIPMENT AND INFORMATION
Engine Model: QSB5.9-425HO
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Hours: 19
Drive Type: Direct
Engine Power: 425|horsepower
- Solid E-glass bottom laminate
- Closed-cell non-water absorbing foam-cored topsides
- Vinylester osmosis barrier
- Closed-cell non-water absorbing foam-cored E-glass stringers & bulkhead
- Painted bilge
- Custom louvered and baffled Delta-T engine room vents painted to match hull color
- Extruded vinyl sheer guard w/stainless half-round striker
- Molded interior fiberglass liner
Starting forward is the v-berth with filler (newly and tastefully re-covered in 2017) with matching padded bolsters. Storage is provided underneath to port and starboard, and access is provided to the bow thruster. The v-berth is framed with optional cherry bulkheads that create storage “cubbies” outboard along the hull above the v-berth, and forward is a cherry locker that opens for the flat screen TV. Ocean Frigast stainless swivel lights are provided for reading at night.
The galley is aft to starboard with Corian countertops and varnished cherry trim, fiddles and lockers.
- Kenyon KISS single burner butane stove
- Goldstar Intellowave microwave oven
- Nova Kool 12v/110v air-cooled refrigeration
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Satin-varnished cherry cabinets and drawer
- 110v outlet
- Brass ship’s clock mounted on bulkhead
Across to port is a built-in hanging locker. A Corian shelf is above with a cherry unit behind, housing the stereo/AV equipment and AC vent with additional 110v outlet.
Aft to port is the dinette with storage under the seats and outboard. The table drops down to form a berth. Outboard is a bolstered cushion that becomes a pilot berth for a child. The dinette was also re-covered in 2017 and matches the v-berth fabric. The dinette is a great place to hang to play cards or have a meal. Optional reading lights with dark green “martini glass” globes add ambiance to the dinette.
Across from the dinette to starboard is the very large enclosed climate-controlled head with en-suite shower. There is an opening port for light and ventilation as well as a solar powered vent.Corian countertop, stainless steel recessed sink, hot and cold pressure water, cherry framed mirror (opens to provide access to back of the helm), satin-finish varnished cherry cabinets, shower with curtain, custom stainless towel bar, self-contained sump pump, manual head and AC vent (with shutter). There are 110v GFCI-protected outlets inside the locker behind the sink.
The interior has three Lewmar opening ports with screens and custom pull-down Oceanair shades as well as a Lewmar large overhead hatch with screen and shade. The sole is varnished teak and holly with lift-outs for bilge access. Natural teak companionway steps with custom vents for AC intake. Fiberglass one-piece overhead in the Herreshoff style.
The raised bridge deck/enclosed pilothouse is the nerve center of the Surfhunter 33, with an ergonomic helm and comfortable and secure raised L-settee with removable bolster at the front end with folding footrest. There is also a fiberglass molded step with teak tread contoured to the length of the L-settee. The entire bridge deck lifts up on two electric pistons for excellent access to the engine compartment (a smaller day hatch for daily checks is also provided). The soft fabric headliner on the underside of the hard top and recessed interior lighting is a nice touch. Plenty of ventilation is provided by electric front-opening panels in the windshield; side vent windows that face forward; overhead hatches in the hardtop, zip-open windows in the side panels and roll-up three-piece stern curtains. When plugged into shore power, the bridge deck may also be cooled or heated with a large vent located forward and to port. Plenty of storage is found inside the L-settee, under the helm chair and outboard of the helm. There is also a locker (with optional bottle holder inserts) outboard and aft of the helm with fold-down teak table to complement the larger bi-fold teak table at the L-settee on removable pedestal base.
There is a functional and beautiful varnished teak companionway with bi-fold louvered doors and bi-fold hatch with smoked Lexan panels. To port of the companionway is a varnished teak “glove” box with (2) stainless steel drink holder inserts.
The helm is something to behold. There is a molded fiberglass control console with varnished teak shelf, hand-holds and trim. A custom stainless and mahogany steering wheel with Hunt logo, a curved teak panel with full engine instrumentation, 12v charging plugs etc. Outboard of the helm the circuit breaker panel is recessed behind a smoked Lexan door with teak trim.
The optional helm pedestal chair is fully adjustable and features a folding bolster which makes a comfortable backrest for driving the boat from a standing position. The folding armrests are trimmed with varnished teak for a distinctive custom look. There is also an optional heating unit in the helm chair for outings in the spring and fall!
One may sit facing forward on the front of the L-settee with the fold-down footrest in provided. The removable bolster (backrest) also works well for sitting facing into the boat, as well as a backrest for lounging facing aft with your feet up on the settee.
All of the exterior cushions are an off-white cream color, bolstered, with mesh center panels and contrasting piping.
The hardtop features a large electric opening “moon roof” trimmed with teak (exterior suncover is provided). This is an awesome feature which has proved immensely popular with owners of these boats.
- (2) Garmin GPS Map 8616 xsv 16” Toucscreen plotters (2021)
- Garmin NMEA 2000 and GMS 10 Network Expander
- Garmin GMR Fantom 24 HD Radar (2021)
- Garmin Sounder with transducer (2021)
- Icom M400BB Black Box VHF with remote mic (2021)
- ACR RCL-100D 12v Spotlight with remote at helm (2021)
- Sitex MSA5 Class B AIS (2021)
- Airmar Sonic Wind Sensor
- Fusion Apollo MS-WB670 Hideaway Entertainment System Stereo (2021)
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass
- Dual Sidepower electronic bow and stern thruster joy stick controls
- Brass ship’s clock
- Jensen flat screen TV with Bose Acoustimass cube speaker system below, and speakers on the bridge deck
MECHANICAL and PLUMBING
The entire bridge deck lifts up to provide access to the engine room compartment. Virtually all of the ship’s systems are located here. It is worth noting that the Surfhunter 33 design has a half tunnel so that the shaft angle of the engine is improved, draft reduced and additional prop protection is provided. Sound insulation is excellent. A custom exhaust muffler from Soundown in Marblehead, Massachusetts, engineered for this Cummins engine.
- Single Cummins QSB5.9-425HO FWC 425hp 6CYL FWC Diesel (19 hours 6/2021)
- Cummins Smart Craft VDO gauge
- Single-lever electronic shift/throttle
- Custom Soundown composite sound-reduction insulation
- Side exhaust
- Racor secondary fuel filter/water separator
- 125 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- PSS dripless shaft seal (stuffing box)
- Teleflex SeaStar Hydraulic steering
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU air conditioning/reverse cycle heat vented to interior forward; head and bridge deck
- Wilcox Crittenden Headmate toilet
- 15 gallon holding tank
- Overboard holding tank discharge pump (2015)
- Rule 800 automatic sump pump
- 28 gallon PVC water tank
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Force 10 6-gallon water heater (2021)
- Hand-held shower in head and cockpit
- Side Power bow thruster
- Side Power stern thruster (refurbished 7/2020)
- Twin joystick controls; may be used with one hand
- LectroTrim trim tabs
- 12V/110V systems
- (3) Sea Volt 8A 4D Batteries (All new 4/2018)
- Xantrex Pro Watt 1750 inverter
- Xantrex 12V 40-amp battery charger (2017)
- 115-amp alternator for battery charging
- Polarity meter
- Galvanic isolator for shore power systems
- Blue Sea Systems circuit breakers
- (2) Marinco 30 amp 125V connectors for shore power and HVAC system
- (2) 50′ 30 amp 125V shore power cords
- (3) 110V outlets below deck
- (1) 12V outlet at helm
- 12V Motion Systems electric hatch lift
- Electric powered vented windows
- Flush-mount 12V electric air horn
- AFI 20″ Pantographic wipers with fresh water washdown
- Electric powered moonroof
- Lewmar 12V electric anchor windlass (2020)
HULL and DECK
- Dark Green Awlgrip painted topsides
- White gel coat cabin sides and cabin top
- Non-skid decks
- White Stamoid and Stratoglass side and back enclosures
- Front windshield sun cover (exterior)
- White powder-coated windshield with Solex glass panels
- White powder-coated handrails along upper windshield frame
- White powder-coated supports for hardtop
- Varnished teak toe rail, eyebrow, trim and hard top hand rails (wooded and refinished July 2021)
- Stainless steel bow rails and pulpit (starboard side re-bedded 4/2018)
- Custom contoured stainless grab rail along aft edge of hardtop (may be used to mount items)
- Lewmar V700G 12V horizontal gypsy windlass (replaced new 8/2018)
- 22# Delta anchor on bow roller with 20′ 5/16″ stainless steel chain, 200′ 1/2″ rode
- Stainless steel all-cast pop-up spring and stern cleats and bow chocks
- (2) Stainless cleats on bow aft of windlass
- (4) Wichard pad eyes: (2) port and (2) starboard for fender lines
- Deck fills: stainless steel for water, fuel and waste
- Weaver Snap Davit fittings installed on swim platform (the remaining pieces to the Snap Davits are no longer with the boat, but are easily added if one wishes to carry a tender that way)
- (4) Docklines
- (4) Fenders
- (1) Life ring buoy
- Boat hook
- (4) 3 lb. BC dry chemical portable fire extinguishers
- Rule 750 automatic bilge pump
- Rule 2000 bilge pump w/float switch in engine room
- High water alarm
The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.